Monday, December 20, 2010

Woman in Critical Condition after Toys"R"Us Brawl

A Palm Beach Gardens woman entered the hospital in critical condition Saturday after what is said to be the worst brawl in Christmas shopping history.

The fight erupted near the toddler section of Toys"R"Us Saturday afternoon when two mothers simultaneously grabbed the last Baby Alive on the shelf. The two began shouting obscenities, and it wasn't long before the situation became violent.

Sharon Hess was taken into custody by the Palm Beach County Sheriffs Department. Hess was unrepentant about putting her adversary, Claudia Hiles, in the hospital.

"I mean it was obvious that I was there first. You can ask anyone in the store. I'll be damned if anyone is going to stop my daughter from getting a baby doll with anything less than a complete digestive tract. I'm teaching her a lesson - that she does not want to get pregnant at sixteen. I don't care what MTV says," said Hess.

They were like animals," said Michelle Muller, who observed the incident from behind a stack of Pillow Pets. "They were all bared teeth and flailing arms. I saw one of the women grab the other by the throat and start choking her. Then they went to the floor. It took several employees to break up. The staff had to use cat litter to soak up all the blood. When my daughter asked me what all the red stuff was, I had to tell her that they got into a Kool-Aid fight."

Muller encourages mothers throughout the country to take precautionary measures before they go shopping. "I used to think it was safe. I used to think all I needed was a can of pepper spray and a rape whistle, but times have changed. My husband bought me an early Christmas present Sunday - a taser. I'd like to see someone try to grab my daughter's Sing-a-ma-Jig from my shopping cart when they've got 1,200 volts surging through their body.

Hiles was in critical condition Saturday, but doctors say she has stabilized and is expected to make a full recovery.

Sharon Hess being taken into custody

1 comment:

  1. lololololol....Sharon Hess. Love it, Nave. I think you've found your niche. Not that your other stuff wasn't hilarious, but you've struck comedic gold.

    ReplyDelete